What is CPO? Certified Pool and Spa Operator. H&L Pools is proud to offer the National Swimming Pool Foundation’s certified pool and spa operator training course. The CPO certification is a MUST for pool managers, instructors, teachers, lifeguards and all other personnel responsible for the safe operations of a swimming pool. The CPO certification is internationally recognized and is required by many health departments. The CPO curriculum meets the Model Aquatic Health Code (MAHC) requirements for pool operators. This comprehensive 2-day course will include both classroom and hands-on experience.
New for 2022!
Our CPO courses will now be offered 100% virtual!
Virtual CPO classes will be held via the online Zoom program by our in-house PHTA Instructors!
What are the Pros to virtual training?
- In recognition of the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, virtual training eliminates the exposure to other students and staff
- Training takes place from the comfort of your own home or office
- No travel time or expenses!
- Same training and certification!
In addition to our virtual CPO training, we realize most classes are only offered during the week, resulting in many participants having to take time off work to complete the course. We are excited to offer our classes during the weekend to ease this burden!
*NOTE* Please note, we must have a minimum of 4 students to host a class. Our instructors will communicate with students if this is an issue. Should a class be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, tuition may be applied to a future class or be refunded, minus a $40 fee to cover the book cost.
- May 14th & 15th VIRTUAL ONLY
June 4th & June 5th VIRTUAL ONLY
July 16th & 17th VIRTUAL ONLY
August 13th & 14th VIRTUAL ONLY
- Cost: $350.00
- Times: 10-6 PM (Saturday & Sunday)
- Certification Requirements: Attend both class sessions and complete the written examination with a 75% or greater.
- MUST provide proof of a BMV-issued ID to obtain certification – driver’s License, CDL, ID, etc. Please note, a school ID or any other form of ID WILL NOT be accepted.
- Certification Validity: 5 years
- Please note, this course is conducted by H&L Pool’s PHTA Instructors